Author Topic: More IPTC  (Read 3261 times)

Offline martink

• View Profile
More IPTC
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:57:26 AM »
My .jpg pictures are sent to to an archive system which happily receives Photoshop CS / CS 2 files.
My PM pictures were today rejected by the archiving software for reasons which my IT colleagues are trying to discover but which they firmly believe is an metadata issue.
What settings would you suggest for PM 4.5.2 running on Xp/2000 that would give a file with 'plain vanilla' metadata that would come closest to those that Pshop CS / CS2 could produce?
Many thanks ... Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: More IPTC
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »
Martin,

My .jpg pictures are sent to to an archive system which happily receives Photoshop CS / CS 2 files.
My PM pictures were today rejected by the archiving software for reasons which my IT colleagues are trying to discover but which they firmly believe is an metadata issue.
What settings would you suggest for PM 4.5.2 running on Xp/2000 that would give a file with 'plain vanilla' metadata that would come closest to those that Pshop CS / CS2 could produce?

CS2 generally prefers to generate IPTC4XMP.  So you can set PM to generate IPTC4XMP.

-Kirk

Offline martink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:16:43 AM »
Thanks for that, I made more tests overnight, but am still struggling.
A picture processed through PM was rejected because of the accompanying metadata but the same image, opened in CS2 and resaved without opening any metadata, was accepted.
A bit baffled.  Martin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 06:21:20 AM »
Martin,

Thanks for that, I made more tests overnight, but am still struggling.
A picture processed through PM was rejected because of the accompanying metadata but the same image, opened in CS2 and resaved without opening any metadata, was accepted.
A bit baffled. 

How about you send me the two images and I'll analyze them for differences.  Click on my name to the left of this message and send me a "personal message".  I'll respond with upload instructions.

-Kirk