Author Topic: Code replacements issue  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Paco Feria / photojournalist
Code replacements issue
« on: October 20, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
Hi
I´ve set up some code replacements in order to get from the city field a prefix to rename all my pictures as follows:

Vallirana   VAL
Viladecans   VIL
Gavá   GAV

etc, etc

then I put the city variable  inside the delimiter character "{city}" and everything works properly, so,  I get all the codes when the system read the city field .... except when the city name has any Spanish character, like the example above Gavá, then the replacement doesn´t happens, in this case the variable"{city}",   displays just the city name Gavá  not the code associated, ,  I´ve the code replacements in .text format made with the BB edit app.  with the same language encoding Latin 1 Western European that I´ve set up in PM, any clue where and how can I fix this??,

I tried too change the written accent  name in the cities name with code as: Gavá, but... no way.

thanks in advanced

PM 4.5.3 Version
Mac 10.0.4

Paco Feria / photojournalist
www.pacoferia.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Code replacements issue
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 11:49:02 PM »
Paco,

I´ve set up some code replacements in order to get from the city field a prefix to rename all my pictures as follows:

Vallirana   VAL
Viladecans   VIL
Gavá   GAV

etc, etc

then I put the city variable  inside the delimiter character "{city}" and everything works properly, so,  I get all the codes when the system read the city field .... except when the city name has any Spanish character, like the example above Gavá, then the replacement doesn´t happens, in this case the variable"{city}",   displays just the city name Gavá  not the code associated, ,  I´ve the code replacements in .text format made with the BB edit app.  with the same language encoding Latin 1 Western European that I´ve set up in PM, any clue where and how can I fix this??,

I tried too change the written accent  name in the cities name with code as: Gavá, but... no way.

thanks in advanced

PM 4.5.3 Version
Mac 10.0.4

You need to save the file in UTF-8 format.  Otherwise accented characters won't match properly.

-Kirk

Offline Paco Feria

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Paco Feria / photojournalist
Re: Code replacements issue
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:27:14 AM »
Fixed!

thanks so much

ey man!,  in Spain is Sunday early in the morning!

I can´t believe how fast and efficient this support is,

Many thanks again
Paco Feria / photojournalist
www.pacoferia.com