Author Topic: Mac Pro Powerbook question  (Read 3787 times)

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mac Pro Powerbook question
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:50:20 AM »
I have a new Mac Pro Powerbook and when I put a disk in my card reader and then just check the images in contact sheet format, I find that I have to quit PM in order to eject the disk and start with a second as I get a message that I cannot eject the disk as it is "in use" by an application...thus I have to quit PM and start again...how can this be avoided?...Also, how can I set the Mac so that just by putting the disk into the reader the ingest menu or contact sheet menu comes up without having to actually click on PM to start it?? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mac Pro Powerbook question
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »
Rob,

I have a new Mac Pro Powerbook and when I put a disk in my card reader and then just check the images in contact sheet format, I find that I have to quit PM in order to eject the disk and start with a second as I get a message that I cannot eject the disk as it is "in use" by an application...thus I have to quit PM and start again...how can this be avoided?

Close the contact sheet that was being used to browse the card.

Quote from: robk47
...Also, how can I set the Mac so that just by putting the disk into the reader the ingest menu or contact sheet menu comes up without having to actually click on PM to start it??

Open up the Preferences dialog, click on the Launching tab and click on the Configure button (Configure Image Capture to launch PM)

-Kirk

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Pro Powerbook question
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »
Kirk,
Thank you again!!...that, of course, did the trick...this Mac is great, but the learning curve is sometimes a bit steep and I very much appreciate your assistance...Rob