Author Topic: Can't Rename folder with PM 4.5.3 B2  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
Can't Rename folder with PM 4.5.3 B2
« on: October 21, 2007, 07:17:58 PM »
In the navigator window I created a new folder, which it did.  I then clicked on the "New Folder" and the folder name highlighted and started typing a new folder name, ie: 20071020.  What happen is it moved the "focus" of the selection to a search of the first folder that began with the characters "2007".  The "New Folder" was not renamed.  This also happened when doing it a right-click and selecting rename.

Btw: the navigator windows flashes/refreshes about every 3 seconds an it seems to move off a selected folder at the refresh.

The behaviour in the Favorites is as expected.

(Windows Vista)
\Marty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't Rename folder with PM 4.5.3 B2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »
Marty,

In the navigator window I created a new folder, which it did.  I then clicked on the "New Folder" and the folder name highlighted and started typing a new folder name, ie: 20071020.  What happen is it moved the "focus" of the selection to a search of the first folder that began with the characters "2007".  The "New Folder" was not renamed.  This also happened when doing it a right-click and selecting rename.

Btw: the navigator windows flashes/refreshes about every 3 seconds an it seems to move off a selected folder at the refresh.

(Windows Vista)

What do you mean by "to a search of"??

-Kirk

P.S. I have made no changes to the Navigator since 4.5.2...

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:58:39 AM »
Marty,

(Windows Vista)

What do you mean by "to a search of"??

@Kirk, I think Marty means that instead of typing the name, the folder list behaves as it would normally, that is jump to a folder with the same starting character as the one just typed.

I just tried to reproduce the problem, but for me it works.  So either Marty is using some software that is changing the focus for him, or it is yet another peculiarity of Vista (I have XP, Mac to come soon).

@Marty, is this behaviour always reproducible?  For me it works flawlessly; creating a new folder has the focus set to changing the folder name as expected (unless of course I change focus to another application).  Do you perhaps have "sliding focus" enabled and do you perhaps move the mouse outside PM?

Hope this helps.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:37:55 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I haven seen the behaviour in previous versions of PM and it seems to be happening when I have a busy system. 

When PM is the only one I do not have the issue, however when I start loading other applications and having them do something (ie: filecopies, PS processing, DNG convertions) the PM navigator refreshes are very visible and I can't do the renames.

This all happens without any movement of focus on my part.  However, I'm not too sure the other running programs are doing something.
\Marty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I haven seen the behaviour in previous versions of PM and it seems to be happening when I have a busy system. 

When PM is the only one I do not have the issue, however when I start loading other applications and having them do something (ie: filecopies, PS processing, DNG convertions) the PM navigator refreshes are very visible and I can't do the renames.

This all happens without any movement of focus on my part.  However, I'm not too sure the other running programs are doing something.

The Navigator refreshes whenever a filesystem event comes through for any folder that is expanded.  I'll take a look at the rename code to make sure that while a rename is in progress that it ignores any refresh events.

-Kirk