Author Topic: Ingest question-retaining folders?  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Ted Grudzinski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest question-retaining folders?
« on: June 28, 2006, 07:46:47 AM »
I thought I saw this asked before but can't seem to find the answer. When ingesting, (and I like and the options, especially the dual savings) it seems the folders made in the camera to help keep files organized are throw out the window. It there a method that I am missing that will allow for the ingest of the folders on the card?

BTW, my first upgrade since PM 2.01. I had been doing many things through other programs, now this is so much simplier.

Ted

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest question-retaining folders?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 08:13:13 AM »
Ted,

I thought I saw this asked before but can't seem to find the answer. When ingesting, (and I like and the options, especially the dual savings) it seems the folders made in the camera to help keep files organized are throw out the window. It there a method that I am missing that will allow for the ingest of the folders on the card?

BTW, my first upgrade since PM 2.01. I had been doing many things through other programs, now this is so much simplier.

Ted

Wow, 2.01 is a really old version!

In the Ingest dialog there is a popup menu titled "Source Directory Structure".  You will want to change it to read "keep separate source folder names only".

But you may find that removing the source folders and using a folder naming strategy to be better for your ability to find your photos later.  Let me know if you want more information about how to do that.

HTH,

-Kirk