Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut for non-US keyboard  (Read 4116 times)

Offline erikkempf

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Keyboard shortcut for non-US keyboard
« on: February 06, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
In the Image menu there is two ways to rotate photos:

Rotate Photos CCW
    Rotate Photos CW

The corresponding keyboard shortcuts are ALT+ the left and right sharp brackets (don't know if that's the right name in English).
Using a non-US keyboard like I do, those keyboard shortcuts are useless - they don't return the wanted result.

Photo Mechanic is seemingly reading the value of the keyboard matrix, not the value returned by Windows, and since the keyboard layout is different from country to country we got a problem here?

I'm rotating most of my pictures and it's annoying not to be able to use the keyboard shortcuts.

Is there a solution for me?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyboard shortcut for non-US keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:26:14 AM »
In the Image menu there is two ways to rotate photos:

Rotate Photos CCW
    Rotate Photos CW

The corresponding keyboard shortcuts are ALT+ the left and right sharp brackets (don't know if that's the right name in English).
Using a non-US keyboard like I do, those keyboard shortcuts are useless - they don't return the wanted result.

Photo Mechanic is seemingly reading the value of the keyboard matrix, not the value returned by Windows, and since the keyboard layout is different from country to country we got a problem here?

I'm rotating most of my pictures and it's annoying not to be able to use the keyboard shortcuts.

Is there a solution for me?

We do not directly read the keyboard for items that are in the menus.  We use standard menu accelerator resources.

There is a faster way to do the rotation anyway.  Hold down the Shift key and click on the rotation arrow button that appears when you hover your mouse pointer over one of your selected thumbnails.  All of the images in the selection will be sorted to the same rotation as the one you click on.

HTH,

-Kirk