Author Topic: {seqn}/{totl} consistent digits  (Read 5460 times)

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
{seqn}/{totl} consistent digits
« on: October 22, 2007, 07:44:23 AM »

Hi Kirk et al,

minor request bordering on trivial, but when emailing a batch of files to people I like being able to use the {seqn}/{totl} variables in the subject line to make sure they know how many emails to expect. It'd be a lot cleaner looking if the {totl} variable knew to use the same number of digits as the {seqn} one though. right now that variable combination will spit out things looking like "002/5" and I just think that "002/005" would be a bit more consistent. Again, not critical at all.

thanks,
-jj

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: {seqn}/{totl} consistent digits
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 07:00:55 AM »
JJ,

minor request bordering on trivial, but when emailing a batch of files to people I like being able to use the {seqn}/{totl} variables in the subject line to make sure they know how many emails to expect. It'd be a lot cleaner looking if the {totl} variable knew to use the same number of digits as the {seqn} one though. right now that variable combination will spit out things looking like "002/5" and I just think that "002/005" would be a bit more consistent. Again, not critical at all.

How about using {index}/{totl} instead?

-Kirk

Offline jjtiziou

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: {seqn}/{totl} consistent digits
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »

Hi Kirk-

So this is a bit late, but it just occurred to me why I was always using {seqn} instead of {index} when emailing people... it's because the email dialog has a bit "set {seqn}" button at the bottom of it- which seems kind of pointless to me- does anyone use this here? {index} seems much better suited.. just a thought.

-jj