Author Topic: Applescript  (Read 7510 times)

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
Applescript
« on: October 22, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »
Hi, perhaps this was answered in another thread, but since the search doesn't quite work, sorry for asking perhaps again:

How is the PM scriptable regarding Applescript? I tried to open PM app in Script editor's Dictionary mode, to learn what commands are supported, but it PhotoMechanic.app was grayed out?

I had the impression that PM was indeed scriptable with Applescript, or was it just some Automator support? I am still new to this, thanks :)

Thanks Frantisek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Applescript
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
Frantisek,

Hi, perhaps this was answered in another thread, but since the search doesn't quite work, sorry for asking perhaps again:

How is the PM scriptable regarding Applescript? I tried to open PM app in Script editor's Dictionary mode, to learn what commands are supported, but it PhotoMechanic.app was grayed out?

I had the impression that PM was indeed scriptable with Applescript, or was it just some Automator support? I am still new to this, thanks :)

Photo Mechanic is not an AppleScript-able application.  It will respond to the 'Open' command, and the 'Quit' commands but that's about it.

-Kirk

Offline FVlcek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:12:01 AM »
Ah, sorry. I got confused with all the posts about scripting on photos :)

Offline frog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:48:53 AM »
Frantisek,

Photo Mechanic is not an AppleScript-able application.  It will respond to the 'Open' command, and the 'Quit' commands but that's about it.

-Kirk

Could someone tell  me if I can write my own plugins/scripts to modify PM and in which languages.
So far I have learned that PM has some Ruby export/upload scripts .  Is there a way to add/disable some functionality UI via my own scripts?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 08:52:44 AM »
Frantisek,

Could someone tell  me if I can write my own plugins/scripts to modify PM and in which languages.
So far I have learned that PM has some Ruby export/upload scripts .  Is there a way to add/disable some functionality UI via my own scripts?

No, there is no support for disabling the editing in various controls of dialogs in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk