Author Topic: where is color code stored...?  (Read 5955 times)

Offline salobaas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
where is color code stored...?
« on: June 03, 2006, 04:09:19 AM »
Hi,

in which IPTC field is the color code stored, at least I assume it is in an IPTC field since when I did a copy of IPTC from RAW to JPG all the JPG's got the color code too.

Cheers, Fons.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: where is color code stored...?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 07:11:02 AM »
in which IPTC field is the color code stored, at least I assume it is in an IPTC field since when I did a copy of IPTC from RAW to JPG all the JPG's got the color code too.

Do you have the "Save tag and color class in IPTC/XMP:" popup menu on the Files tab of the Preferences dialog set to something other than "Never"?

When you use the Update IPTC/XMP tool, and have your photos joined as RAW+JPEG, then the image preferences (tag, color class, etc.) are also synchronized.  Did you use the Update IPTC/XMP tool on RAW+JPEG pairs?

But anyway, in the IPTC data, if you've told PM to store the tag and color class there, the data is stored in a field that cannot be edited directly in PM.  We use the IPTC field with the ID of 221 (0x02DD) to store the information.  The format of the data is T:C:R:IIIIII, where T is the tag and is 0 or 1, C is the color class and is 0 through 8, and R is the rank and is allowed to be 0 through 5 (but it is always 0 since it is currently unused), and IIIIII is the frame number of the photo which can be 000000 through 999999.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline salobaas

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 05:18:36 PM »
Hi Kirk,

thanks for the info, I indeed synchronized my raw+jpg pairs from raw to jpg. If other players like iView and bibble, Aperture etc would honour the same convention that would be nice. Any progress on that front?

Cheers, Fons.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 05:35:13 PM »
Hi Kirk,

thanks for the info, I indeed synchronized my raw+jpg pairs from raw to jpg. If other players like iView and bibble, Aperture etc would honour the same convention that would be nice. Any progress on that front?

Cheers, Fons.

I'll be doing what I can for version 4.5...

-Kirk