Author Topic: FTP problems  (Read 4043 times)

Offline dabrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
FTP problems
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »
All of a sudden, my PM ver 4.3.3.3 refused to let me ftp my pics coming up with the message "There were errors during the FTP As operation".I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software but the same message keeps appearing.I eventually had to send them by e-mail which took forever. Any ideas how to fix this? Its been running great for the past year with no problems.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: FTP problems
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
All of a sudden, my PM ver 4.3.3.3 refused to let me ftp my pics coming up with the message "There were errors during the FTP As operation".I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software but the same message keeps appearing.I eventually had to send them by e-mail which took forever. Any ideas how to fix this? Its been running great for the past year with no problems.

I would try re-entering your login information into your FTP Connection setting.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline dabrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 10:08:05 AM »
Hi Kirk,
I've tried re-entering log in info but the same message keeps coming up. I've even added a new customer's details without success.My hair is coming out in clumps. Any more ideas or a cure for baldness?

Duncan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:43:52 AM »
Duncan,

I've tried re-entering log in info but the same message keeps coming up. I've even added a new customer's details without success.My hair is coming out in clumps. Any more ideas or a cure for baldness?

Have you tried using a different FTP client with the same login information?  Does that work?  If not, I suspect your login information may be out of date.

-Kirk

Offline dabrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »
Hi Kirk

Tried that - no difference. I should say that the problem is with my laptop. I have no problems with my desktop and they both have the same settings. Would upgrading solve the problem?

Duncan

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »
Duncan,

Tried that - no difference.

I'm not sure what you're saying?  You used a separate FTP client like Fetch, or Transmit, etc. and you couldn't get that to work either?

If so, then I suspect something is wrong with your system.

Quote from: dabrown
I should say that the problem is with my laptop. I have no problems with my desktop and they both have the same settings. Would upgrading solve the problem?

I doubt it would make any difference.  But you're always welcome to download and demo the latest version of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline dabrown

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »
Hi Kirk

Spoke to Gerry at the office and deleted the preferences file in regedit, transferred my settings from my desktop and I'm now back in business. Thanks again for your time.

Duncan