Author Topic: Star & Color ratings while in IPTC Info dialog box  (Read 3156 times)

Offline devenh

• View Profile
Star & Color ratings while in IPTC Info dialog box
« on: October 28, 2007, 08:57:17 AM »
Is there any way to enter star and color ratings while in the IPTC Info dialog box?

I'd like to be able to update IPTC fields (I'm entering a competitors name via Code Replacement) and set the star and color codes in one pass through all the photos.  Having to open and close the IPTC Info dialog box to switch back and forth between ratings and IPTC info really slows things down.

Deven

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Star & Color ratings while in IPTC Info dialog box
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
Deven,

Is there any way to enter star and color ratings while in the IPTC Info dialog box?

I'd like to be able to update IPTC fields (I'm entering a competitors name via Code Replacement) and set the star and color codes in one pass through all the photos.  Having to open and close the IPTC Info dialog box to switch back and forth between ratings and IPTC info really slows things down.

Yes, on the Mac OS X version.  I need to add that to the Windows version.  There are no shortcut keys: you have to use the mouse.

I'll try and get that into the Windows version before the final 4.5.3 release.

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:42:57 PM »
This is great but is it possible for the tag bit as well?

Maybe could work for the IPTC stationery too? I ususally mark images tagged when their IPTC fields are finally set (basic info is set upon ingest describing the event, and is finalized later with actual image details). It would be great to have the option my IPTC stationery applied also could set the images tagged so it wouldn't need another round for setting them tagged.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:51:58 PM »
This is great but is it possible for the tag bit as well?

The tag checkbox is in the interface as well.  I'm working on the Windows version right now.

Quote from: szurkebarat
Maybe could work for the IPTC stationery too? I ususally mark images tagged when their IPTC fields are finally set (basic info is set upon ingest describing the event, and is finalized later with actual image details). It would be great to have the option my IPTC stationery applied also could set the images tagged so it wouldn't need another round for setting them tagged.

I don't know.  It is just one extra keystroke to tag the selected images after all.

-Kirk