Author Topic: IPTC city state names ???  (Read 6046 times)

Offline Franky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC city state names ???
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:19:09 AM »
Hello ,
On the IPTC fields for location of the photographer, which fields do you input the City and State to get it to carry over to PS3. I can get the city and state for the location of the image to carry over.
Thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC city state names ???
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:28:27 AM »
On the IPTC fields for location of the photographer, which fields do you input the City and State to get it to carry over to PS3. I can get the city and state for the location of the image to carry over.

You've got me confused.  You are asking where you should enter your City and State, and then you're telling me that you already can get the City and State to show up in Photoshop CS3.

So it sounds like you've already solved your problem?

-Kirk

Offline Franky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:37:26 AM »
I am sorry to be confusing.
There are two separate fields, one for the location of the image, and one for the location of the photographer in CS3.
I want Photo Mechanic to carry over the information of the photographers location into CS3 like the email address, copyright info, author name.
I entered the city, state info here, but it does not show up in CS3.
thank you,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:35 AM »
I am sorry to be confusing.
There are two separate fields, one for the location of the image, and one for the location of the photographer in CS3.
I want Photo Mechanic to carry over the information of the photographers location into CS3 like the email address, copyright info, author name.
I entered the city, state info here, but it does not show up in CS3.

Those are XMP-only fields.  Are you instructing PM to embed IPTC4XMP data?

-Kirk

Offline Franky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
Under the IPTC Stationary Pad I have inserted my Contact City and Contact State in the * fields and they are checked off. Then I have that IPTC saved to my image files, but when I open those files in CS3 my name, copyright information is there, but my City and State in Not carried over.
thank you,

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:42 PM »
Under the IPTC Stationary Pad I have inserted my Contact City and Contact State in the * fields and they are checked off. Then I have that IPTC saved to my image files, but when I open those files in CS3 my name, copyright information is there, but my City and State in Not carried over.

Let's not worry about the IPTC Stationery Pad just yet.  Open up the IPTC Info for one of your images.  (Use the 'i' button that appears over the image when you move your mouse over it.)

Enter your Contact City and Contact State information, and then OK the dialog.  If you have allowed PM to add IPTC4XMP information to your files, then Photoshop CS3 should show that data just fine.

BTW, what kind of file type are your images?  JPEG?, TIFF?, RAW?

-Kirk

Offline Franky

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 01:54:57 AM »
I now see that PM stores as a Batch the information of the photos, description, at such that are not *.

Is there a way to batch Identify the images in the * areas with PM ?  Like PS Bridge can do. I would still like to have the images store my information.

I am working on a MAC Raw files.
thank you

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 06:31:45 AM »
I now see that PM stores as a Batch the information of the photos, description, at such that are not *.

Is there a way to batch Identify the images in the * areas with PM ?  Like PS Bridge can do. I would still like to have the images store my information.

I am working on a MAC Raw files.

Well, you have to apply the IPTC Stationery Pad to your images or they won't have any IPTC data entered into them.  First select your images.  Next, open up the IPTC Stationery Pad.  Then fill in the various fields that you want to bulk apply to your images.  Set the checkboxes to the left of each field that you want to be applied.  Then apply the IPTC Stationery Pad.

Since you're working with RAW files and you use Adobe products, here are the settings that I recommend:

[attachment deleted by admin]