Author Topic: Feature request-updating camera times via PM.  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Ted Grudzinski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Feature request-updating camera times via PM.
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:38:56 AM »
Not sure if possible or how difficult, but...

The only reason I keep Nikon Transfer on my computer is so that I can take all my Nikon bodies, (D300, D300s, and D2x) and sync up the camera clock time. It helps when shooting with more than one camera to be to see the files in the time sequence shot. I can use this sort option with PM, but I have to be sure the camera match time with each other. I can do this for Nikon, not sure about Canon or if Canon and Nikon use relativity the same coding. (Probably not.)

Thanks for looking into this.--Ted
oh yea,  PM 4.6.4,  Windows XP Professional, some type of Intel chip.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Feature request-updating camera times via PM.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
Ted,

Not sure if possible or how difficult, but...

The only reason I keep Nikon Transfer on my computer is so that I can take all my Nikon bodies, (D300, D300s, and D2x) and sync up the camera clock time. It helps when shooting with more than one camera to be to see the files in the time sequence shot. I can use this sort option with PM, but I have to be sure the camera match time with each other. I can do this for Nikon, not sure about Canon or if Canon and Nikon use relativity the same coding. (Probably not.)

The Adjust Capture Dates and Times command in the Tools menu does exactly this.  This feature has been in Photo Mechanic for several years now.

-Kirk

Offline Ted Grudzinski

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request-updating camera times via PM.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 11:41:49 AM »
Awh, another cool feature I didin't know about. Very nice explanation on how to use it in the Help button for that action.