Author Topic: Burn Folder Tag  (Read 5944 times)

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
Burn Folder Tag
« on: October 31, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »
Kirk:

I use PM to archive my images.  In order to burn all the files 3 or 4000 at one time I have to open them all in a single contact sheet.   Unless there is a better way, that means moving all the files to a single folder and then using the open folder and subfolders command. 

My question is would it be possible to create a function so that we could tag a folder in the navigator or opened contact sheets so that when we are ready to burn we can do so from the "tagged" list of folders?  That would make the process so much easier at least on our end.

~ W

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Burn Folder Tag
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »
I use PM to archive my images.  In order to burn all the files 3 or 4000 at one time I have to open them all in a single contact sheet.   Unless there is a better way, that means moving all the files to a single folder and then using the open folder and subfolders command. 

My question is would it be possible to create a function so that we could tag a folder in the navigator or opened contact sheets so that when we are ready to burn we can do so from the "tagged" list of folders?  That would make the process so much easier at least on our end.

But how would this work if you didn't want to burn all of the files in each of the "tagged" folders?

-Kirk

Offline Wolvie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:44:14 AM »

But how would this work if you didn't want to burn all of the files in each of the "tagged" folders?

-Kirk

This feature would be for archiving/back-up workflow of entire shoots/submissions/ect.  In my case, I will shoot a game, wedding, assignment or portrait and put all of those files in a folder that is labeled with the game's date and opponents, person's name or assigment.  At the end of the season I want archive all the files from the sporting events or all of the weddings shot at the end of the calendar year.  Once the files are burned to a pair of DVDs then I delete them from the HD to make room for the next year or season.  For archiving there is no reason that I can think of for leaving a file out.  If someone did, they would likely have deleted prior to the burn stage.  Make sense?

Also, in a future release would it be possible to add a way to make more than one disk at a time during a burn sequence?  It would be nice to have a step that ask how may copies and burns that number at one time.   Going one at time is painful over three or four DvD set.  It would be nice to not have to repeat the setup steps to make two or more back up copies of a disk by setting at the start of the burn process.

Thanks for listening and your thoughts...

~ W

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
This feature would be for archiving/back-up workflow of entire shoots/submissions/ect.  In my case, I will shoot a game, wedding, assignment or portrait and put all of those files in a folder that is labeled with the game's date and opponents, person's name or assigment.  At the end of the season I want archive all the files from the sporting events or all of the weddings shot at the end of the calendar year.  Once the files are burned to a pair of DVDs then I delete them from the HD to make room for the next year or season.  For archiving there is no reason that I can think of for leaving a file out.  If someone did, they would likely have deleted prior to the burn stage.  Make sense?   

This could be solved with the same feature I've been looking for here - a simple drag and drop way of opening lots of folders into a single contact sheet.