Author Topic: Contact Sheet sort preference(optional)  (Read 6180 times)

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
Contact Sheet sort preference(optional)
« on: November 02, 2007, 02:00:34 PM »
Would it be possible to be able to set sort sequence for a contact sheet that would override the sort sequence in preferences. This would be for the windows version. Some contacts sheets I want in capture order and others I want what I set in my preferences.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact Sheet sort preference(optional)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:49:51 PM »
Would it be possible to be able to set sort sequence for a contact sheet that would override the sort sequence in preferences. This would be for the windows version. Some contacts sheets I want in capture order and others I want what I set in my preferences.

I think if you want the state to only be saved/restored sometimes and not all of the time, then it would have to be a command of some sort.  But what to call it?  And where to put it?

-Kirk

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:31:28 PM »
You can put it right of the "thumb size" make it a drop down with the same variables as in the preference menu and you can call it sort order. Actually it can be temporary state due to the fact that you may only needed it until you rename your images.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 06:38:10 PM »
You can put it right of the "thumb size" make it a drop down with the same variables as in the preference menu and you can call it sort order. Actually it can be temporary state due to the fact that you may only needed it until you rename your images.

I don't understand.  You want two Sort popup menus in the toolbar?

-Kirk

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 04:50:35 AM »
The Windows version of PM only has a default sort in the preference menu only. The Mac version has a sort option on the contact sheet tool bar. I want the same for the windows version.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:30:32 AM »
The Windows version of PM only has a default sort in the preference menu only. The Mac version has a sort option on the contact sheet tool bar. I want the same for the windows version.

The Windows version *does* have a Sort popup menu in the toolbar.  Try dragging your toolbar off of the menu area.  Then resize it wider.  Then drag it back to the menu area until it docks again.

-Kirk

Offline BillyDix

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 04:26:14 PM »
Thanks, I found it :-[ :-[