Author Topic: renaming files  (Read 4324 times)

Offline theMezz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mohawk Valley Photos
renaming files
« on: November 03, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »
I checkbox and or highlight all thumbnails showing on  my contact sheet and do CTRL M to rename them, but they do not rename  -  all i see the the string rename dialog box pop up - which is all set to what I want. How do I get PM to actually rename the files? (using 20 day demo version on PC)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: renaming files
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 08:22:02 AM »
I checkbox and or highlight all thumbnails showing on  my contact sheet and do CTRL M to rename them, but they do not rename  -  all i see the the string rename dialog box pop up - which is all set to what I want. How do I get PM to actually rename the files? (using 20 day demo version on PC)

You then click on the Rename button to start the renaming task.  What is your current renaming string set to in the Rename dialog box?

-Kirk

Offline theMezz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mohawk Valley Photos
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 11:40:56 AM »

You then click on the Rename button to start the renaming task.  What is your current renaming string set to in the Rename dialog box?

-Kirk

I do not have a rename button. I have a VARIABLES CLOSE CANCEL AND A GREYED OUT OK BUTTON and a LIGHTING Icon.

My variables are {yr2}{mn0}{day0}{{filenam}

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 12:21:18 PM »

I do not have a rename button. I have a VARIABLES CLOSE CANCEL AND A GREYED OUT OK BUTTON and a LIGHTING Icon.

My variables are {yr2}{mn0}{day0}{{filenam}

Try this instead:

{yr2}{mn0}{day0}{filename}

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline theMezz

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mohawk Valley Photos
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 12:30:37 PM »
It works now