Author Topic: Disabling Auto Ingest  (Read 3696 times)

Offline cjmorris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Disabling Auto Ingest
« on: November 06, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »
Hello,

I can't figure out how to disable the auto ingest feature.  I would like to stop photo mechanic from launching and opening the ingest dialogue box.  I am using an Intel, Macbook Pro with 10.4.10

Another issue, I can't get the ingest task box to automatically close and clean up after an ingest despite checking the appropriate box.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Christopher Morris
Vancouver

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Disabling Auto Ingest
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 01:07:14 PM »
Christopher,

I can't figure out how to disable the auto ingest feature.  I would like to stop photo mechanic from launching and opening the ingest dialogue box.  I am using an Intel, Macbook Pro with 10.4.10

There are two things that you'll need to adjust:

1) Open the Image Capture application and use its Preferences dialog to either pick a different application to launch when a card is inserted, or tell it to launch nothing.
2) In the Photo Mechanic Preferences dialog on the General tab you'll need to set it to one of the other options.

Quote from: cjmorris
Another issue, I can't get the ingest task box to automatically close and clean up after an ingest despite checking the appropriate box.

Are your Ingest operations completing successfully?  If not, then they definitely won't get cleared out and the window will not hide itself.

-Kirk