Author Topic: RAW or JPEG Edit - Quick Choice?  (Read 2910 times)

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAW or JPEG Edit - Quick Choice?
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:58:16 PM »
For one of my clients I shoot sporting events using RAW + JPEG, quickly editing the JPEG, or sharing the JPEG for web use during the game, but later might find myself needing to use the RAW to edit further images.  It would be great if there was a way to quickly and easily choose to edit the RAW or the JPEG from the contact sheet with the edit shortcut...unless I'm missing something, the only way to currently change between the two is through "preferences"?

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAW or JPEG Edit - Quick Choice?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:25:43 PM »
Mike,

For one of my clients I shoot sporting events using RAW + JPEG, quickly editing the JPEG, or sharing the JPEG for web use during the game, but later might find myself needing to use the RAW to edit further images.  It would be great if there was a way to quickly and easily choose to edit the RAW or the JPEG from the contact sheet with the edit shortcut...unless I'm missing something, the only way to currently change between the two is through "preferences"?

If you hold down the "Modifier" key (Option on Mac OS X, Shift on Windows) when you issue the Edit command, the opposite file is edited.

HTH,

-Kirk