Author Topic: Sequence Variable - Auto Reset?  (Read 3149 times)

Offline mcarlson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sequence Variable - Auto Reset?
« on: November 05, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »
Greetings,

One thing I do is plenty of headshots for sports teams and find myself renaming the files using lastname_sequence#.  Unless I'm missing something, a step I find tedious is to constantly have to manually reset the sequence counter...only a couple of extra clicks, I know, but when dealing with hundreds of heads it does get annoying.  Any way to have an option to have the counter automatically reset when choosing a new renaming thread?

Cheers,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sequence Variable - Auto Reset?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »
Mike,

One thing I do is plenty of headshots for sports teams and find myself renaming the files using lastname_sequence#.  Unless I'm missing something, a step I find tedious is to constantly have to manually reset the sequence counter...only a couple of extra clicks, I know, but when dealing with hundreds of heads it does get annoying.  Any way to have an option to have the counter automatically reset when choosing a new renaming thread?

If you hold down the "Modifier" key (Option on Mac OS X, Shift on Windows) then the "Set {seqn}..." button will change to Reset {seqn}.  So it's just a single click then.

HTH,

-Kirk