Author Topic: bug: keywords stuck in IPTC info panel  (Read 3953 times)

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
bug: keywords stuck in IPTC info panel
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
Kirk,

When editing keywords in the IPTC info panel the keywords don't always get displayed correctly when switching to the next or previous image.

Workflow: I add common keywords through the Keywords panel (Cmd-K). When done, I open the IPTC info panel (the one you get when you press 'i' on an image) and add keywords that are different for every image. While the cursor is still in the keywords field I click with my mouse on the "Save & ->" button. In more than 50% of the cases I see the new image with the correct caption but the keywords of the previous image are still in the keywords field. Tabbing out of the keywords field and back in solves the problem.

Using PM 4.5.2 on Intel OS X 10.4.10

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: bug: keywords stuck in IPTC info panel
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:03:46 AM »
Emile,

When editing keywords in the IPTC info panel the keywords don't always get displayed correctly when switching to the next or previous image.

Workflow: I add common keywords through the Keywords panel (Cmd-K). When done, I open the IPTC info panel (the one you get when you press 'i' on an image) and add keywords that are different for every image. While the cursor is still in the keywords field I click with my mouse on the "Save & ->" button. In more than 50% of the cases I see the new image with the correct caption but the keywords of the previous image are still in the keywords field. Tabbing out of the keywords field and back in solves the problem.

Using PM 4.5.2 on Intel OS X 10.4.10

Thanks for the heads-up.  I'll see what I can do.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »
Emile,

I am unable to reproduce this problem.  Any ideas how I can get it to happen?

I am running 4.5.3 b3 and Mac OS X 10.4.10 on a Mac Pro (Quad Xeon) system.

-Kirk

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:56:10 PM »
Emile,

I am unable to reproduce this problem.  Any ideas how I can get it to happen?

I am running 4.5.3 b3 and Mac OS X 10.4.10 on a Mac Pro (Quad Xeon) system.

-Kirk

Kirk,

Thanks for your reply.

It's basically like I said in the workflow. When I start typing in the keywords field and switch to the next image, the keywords field doesn't update in some 75% of the time. I'm talking 20+ keywords here - long sentences. When switching to the next image it looks like the field gets truncated to the right amount of characters, but those characters are from the previous image.

I'll try 4.5.3 b3 and see what happens. If that doesn't work I could try a complete uninstall and start from scratch again but I'd like to avoid it.

Regards,
Emile

Offline gregoire

• View Profile
    • www.emilegregoire.com
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 02:47:31 AM »
Kirk, I've installed b3 and it seems to work just fine. The extra lines are a welcome addition. Thanks!