Author Topic: long pause when setting star ratings.  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
long pause when setting star ratings.
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
I have a folder that is in the order of 2600 web sized JPG images.  I am going through the contact sheet with about 5 columns of images being displayed.  As a move through the list setting the star ratings eventually PM does not let me set anymore ratings on any other images.  However, if I change the number of columns being displayed, I can continue on for a while.  Then it stops letting me set the ratings.  I wait 1 a minute or two and try again, but no luck.  I can do other menu bar functions and look at full size images, but will not let me set the start ratings until I choose a different number of columns (one I have not used before.)

I monitored the cpu, disk i/o and memory activity and it falls quickly to idle levels. There are no other obvious processes using resources (ie: CS2, etc is not running)

Wierd!

I am using PM 4.5.3 beta 3. On Windows Vista, 2.4GHZ duo Core with tons of disk, etc...
\Marty

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: long pause when setting star ratings.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 04:34:04 PM »
Marty,

I have a folder that is in the order of 2600 web sized JPG images.  I am going through the contact sheet with about 5 columns of images being displayed.  As a move through the list setting the star ratings eventually PM does not let me set anymore ratings on any other images.  However, if I change the number of columns being displayed, I can continue on for a while.  Then it stops letting me set the ratings.  I wait 1 a minute or two and try again, but no luck.  I can do other menu bar functions and look at full size images, but will not let me set the start ratings until I choose a different number of columns (one I have not used before.)

What happens if you try and click on the color class area instead?  Does it work?

If you scroll immediately to the bottom of the contact sheet, can you rate then?

-Kirk

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
Re: long pause when setting star ratings.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:13:20 PM »
Kirk,

I did try to exit PM and come back in and the "wierdness" was still there.  (Yes, I do flush cache on exit)

I scrolled to the end and I could not set ratings, but could set colour class and the thumbnails did have an image in it.

All the other icon around the thumbnail worked. (ie, rotation, Info, tagging)
\Marty