Author Topic: Two things!  (Read 5166 times)

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
Two things!
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:23:03 AM »
Hi,

Using OM 4.5.3 beta on Mac Leopard

1. When using PM and pressing apple+h it does not hide. It stays there but the menu bar on top is not visible. I have to force close and re-start to work again with PM.

It also takes some time to open. Much longer than before.

2. I asked for this before. I shoot alot of portraits and re-name them by name+number. It is getting annoying to always have to reset the counter when renaming. Is there no way of being able to choose (always reset counter) or have it by default. It would save alot of time.

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Two things!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 05:52:31 AM »
Using PM 4.5.3 beta on Mac Leopard

1. When using PM and pressing apple+h it does not hide. It stays there but the menu bar on top is not visible. I have to force close and re-start to work again with PM.

What do you mean by "It stays there"?  What stays there?  Can't you just click on the PM icon in the dock to bring it back?

Quote from: hilmartor
It also takes some time to open. Much longer than before.

What are your cache settings?  What kind of devices do you have connected to your system?

2. I asked for this before. I shoot alot of portraits and re-name them by name+number. It is getting annoying to always have to reset the counter when renaming. Is there no way of being able to choose (always reset counter) or have it by default. It would save alot of time.

All you have to do is Option-click the "Set {seqn}" button and it will reset.  That really takes a long time?

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:15:10 AM »
1. If I click the dock Icon it does not bring it back. The program window is there but not the menu bar on top. I will try to take a screenshot when this happens again. I am actually seeing this error. I see the menu bar on top but nothing hapens when I try to use it. Like it is frozen.

See pic. The menu bar is not there even if I click the PM window. I also cannot work in the PM window. It is as frozen.

2. Cache - see picture "Cache"

3. I know about the option click. But since I always have to re-set the counter it would be better for me to not have to do that at all. I think others agree on that one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:29:04 AM »
1. If I click the dock Icon it does not bring it back. The program window is there but not the menu bar on top. I will try to take a screenshot when this happens again. I am actually seeing this error. I see the menu bar on top but nothing hapens when I try to use it. Like it is frozen.

See pic. The menu bar is not there even if I click the PM window. I also cannot work in the PM window. It is as frozen.

I just tried to verify this in my Leopard install and hiding and resuming works perfectly fine, both by using the keyboard shortcut and by using the Hide menu item in the Photo Mechanic application menu.  Can you check the Console log for any error messages?  Open up the Applications folder, then the Utilities folder and then open up the Console application.  Then look for any messages pertaining to Photo Mechanic.

2. Cache - see picture "Cache"

Mine is configured similarly and it starts up faster than on Tiger for me.  How long is it taking for you to see the splash screen?  How long before the beta warning?  How long before a Contact Sheet window appears?

3. I know about the option click. But since I always have to re-set the counter it would be better for me to not have to do that at all. I think others agree on that one.

Some agree, some do not.  We're working on a bug-fix release here, not a new feature release.  I consider your request a new feature since the sequence variable's functionality is not broken.

I hope you understand.

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:38:27 AM »
1. I cannot see any error messages in console. I am wondering if this has anything to do with "spaces" wich I use in Leopard.

2. It takes 26 seconds for the beta warning to appear. After the warning it opens right away. During the 26 seconds the rainbow circle is on.

3. Consider it a request. I call it a bug : )

4. Hiding does not work at all. I see it menu bar flashes when I press apple-h but nothing happens.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 06:47:15 AM by hilmartor »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 06:55:58 AM »
1. I cannot see any error messages in console. I am wondering if this has anything to do with "spaces" wich I use in Leopard.

Is PM in a different space than the main space?

2. It takes 26 seconds for the beta warning to appear. After the warning it opens right away. During the 26 seconds the rainbow circle is on.

How long before you see the Photo Mechanic splash window?

-Kirk

Offline hilmartor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 07:01:33 AM »
1. I get the splash screen right away. Than it is ca 26 seconds to the warning window.

2. PM is in one of the Leopard spaces. When I start up it is in the main space (active space)

3. Hiding sometimes works. Like now. It did not a few minutes back. I closed it and re-opened in between. A possible bug?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 07:43:34 AM »
1. I get the splash screen right away. Than it is ca 26 seconds to the warning window.

Thanks. I'll see what happens in the code between those two points.

2. PM is in one of the Leopard spaces. When I start up it is in the main space (active space)

3. Hiding sometimes works. Like now. It did not a few minutes back. I closed it and re-opened in between. A possible bug?

Of course it could be a bug.  It could be a bug in Photo Mechanic or in Leopard.  Hard to tell.  PM doesn't do anything special to hide.  The Apple-provided Cocoa application framework takes care of all of that.

-Kirk