Author Topic: File icons when ingesting images  (Read 6531 times)

Offline herrstedt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
File icons when ingesting images
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:06:11 AM »
Hi there

I have tried PM a couple of times and find it more and more usefull, especially when it comes to Nikon NEF´s on a Mac.
I have a Question : Is there a way to get File icons in the folders when you ingest the files ?.  I-photo does it, and Nikons View does it.

Herrstedt

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: File icons when ingesting images
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:43:02 AM »
Hi there

I have tried PM a couple of times and find it more and more usefull, especially when it comes to Nikon NEF´s on a Mac.
I have a Question : Is there a way to get File icons in the folders when you ingest the files ?.  I-photo does it, and Nikons View does it.

Herrstedt

Do you mean that you want the folder to have a custom icon, or the individual files themselves?

If you want the files to have icons, then you need to turn on the setting that causes PM to create icons.  Open the Preferences dialog, click on the "Files" tab.  Then make sure the "Create Finder icons during copy, ingest, or save as" checkbox has a check mark.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline herrstedt

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:14:29 PM »
Thanks Kirk

That was exactly what I was looking for. :)

Herrstedt

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 05:59:31 PM »
Kirk...does ""Create Finder icons during copy, ingest, or save as" take longer?  (in theory it sounds like it should take more time)...just wondering?

Delane
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:29:16 PM »
Kirk...does ""Create Finder icons during copy, ingest, or save as" take longer?  (in theory it sounds like it should take more time)...just wondering?

Yes, definitely.  If a suitable image is not already in the image cache, then the image has to be loaded and scaled down.  Then the file itself has to be updated.

-Kirk