Author Topic: Info Tool Tips  (Read 3808 times)

Offline pwp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Info Tool Tips
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:47:18 PM »
Info Tool Tips and Image Info are showing different amounts of information on CR2 RAW  files compared to  processed TIFF or JPEG files. Info with the CR2 RAW is complete but once processed the Info Tool Tips & Image Info displays a reduced version. In RAW I can see lens type eg:EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM but with the TIFF or JPEG of the same image, this info is missing. So are actuations.

Is this normal? Or is there something tucked away in Preferences that can set things right?

Thanks & regards,
Paul Wright

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Info Tool Tips
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:42:50 PM »
Paul,

Info Tool Tips and Image Info are showing different amounts of information on CR2 RAW  files compared to  processed TIFF or JPEG files. Info with the CR2 RAW is complete but once processed the Info Tool Tips & Image Info displays a reduced version. In RAW I can see lens type eg:EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS USM but with the TIFF or JPEG of the same image, this info is missing. So are actuations.

Is this normal? Or is there something tucked away in Preferences that can set things right?

I'll have to check for sure, but much of that information is in the Canon maker note which is not represented in generated output files.

-Kirk