Author Topic: no menus  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
no menus
« on: April 24, 2007, 05:00:01 AM »
For some reason- there is nothing at the top of photo mechanic.
I have no menus- tool bars.....I tried re-installing...it comes up the same everytime.
The program still works, but I cannot select tagged, cannot move multiple photos etc....
Please help!!!
Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: no menus
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:21:24 AM »
Ashley,

For some reason- there is nothing at the top of photo mechanic.
I have no menus- tool bars.....I tried re-installing...it comes up the same everytime.
The program still works, but I cannot select tagged, cannot move multiple photos etc....

Hold down the Shift key while you launch Photo Mechanic.  It will reset your layout preferences back to the defaults.

-Kirk

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:05:27 AM »
Kirk- Thank you so much...that worked.
Now when I try to open a folder, nothing happens.

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
Never mind....got it back.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
This program makes my life so much easier...you guys rock!!!

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »
Is this the same for MAC?  I need to reset the program and it doesn't want to open when I hold shift while launching the program.
Please advise,

Thank you!

Ashley

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:19:35 PM »
Ashley,

Is this the same for MAC?  I need to reset the program and it doesn't want to open when I hold shift while launching the program.

The Mac version does not have that issue.

What issue are you having on your Mac?

-Kirk

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 03:36:53 AM »
On the Mac, I have no button to edit- no option to edit in the top menus.
it is the button on PC where you click it and it takes you straight to photoshop (or whatever you specify under launching).
I hope that makes sense.
When I open the program, in order to edit in photoshop I either have to drag the photo over the photoshop icon.  I called another mac user and he said an icon was missing- he had it on his screen..

Thank you!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 06:04:57 AM »
On the Mac, I have no button to edit- no option to edit in the top menus.
it is the button on PC where you click it and it takes you straight to photoshop (or whatever you specify under launching).
I hope that makes sense.
When I open the program, in order to edit in photoshop I either have to drag the photo over the photoshop icon.  I called another mac user and he said an icon was missing- he had it on his screen..

Open up the Preferences dialog.  Click on the Launching tab button.  Click on the radio button titled "Assign default application" underneath the text "Default application to edit photos:".  If it doesn't automatically open up an application picker dialog when you do this, then click on the "Choose..." button.  Then use the dialog that appears to find and select your installed Photoshop application.

In the Preview window look at the toolbar.  Is the edit item there and available?  If the answer is yes then you're all set.  If not, then Control-click on an empty space on the toolbar and a context menu will appear.  Choose to customize the toolbar.  Drag the edit icon onto the toolbar, or drag the default set up to the toolbar.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline Ashley B

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 07:06:33 AM »
Kirk,
I have photoshop set up under "launching" in the preferences dialog.

I do not have an edit icon to choose.  All the standard icon choices are there- except edit.

Now I just hooked up a usb mouse to get the right click option back and when I right click on a photo- choose edit with photoshop-
photoshop opens- but the photo doesn't open.

????

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 07:22:21 AM »
I have photoshop set up under "launching" in the preferences dialog.

I do not have an edit icon to choose.  All the standard icon choices are there- except edit.

Now I just hooked up a usb mouse to get the right click option back and when I right click on a photo- choose edit with photoshop-
photoshop opens- but the photo doesn't open.

You'll need to customize your toolbar:

Control-click on an empty space on the toolbar and a context menu will appear.  Choose to customize the toolbar.  Drag the edit icon onto the toolbar, or drag the default set up to the toolbar.

As for the problem with your Photoshop not opening things from external applications, this is a common problem with Photoshop on Mac OS X.  The solution is to reinstall Photoshop.  From what I have heard this solves the problem every time.

-Kirk