Author Topic: EXPIRED message won't go away in Max OS X Leopard  (Read 2679 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
EXPIRED message won't go away in Max OS X Leopard
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:48 PM »
I'm testing PM 4.5.3 beta 3 on my MacBook Pro running Leopard and have run into the EXPIRED "feature" on the contact sheets. It is being caused by an inadvertent date setting of 2009 on one of my cameras. In a search of the forums, I discovered the following response from you to an earlier message:

"If you are evaluating a demo of PM, then all photos whose capture date is ahead of the expire date of your demo will show as expired.  Purchased versions do not have this limitation."

However, even after entering my registration code the message still persists, and I can't preview any of these images. Does the above not apply anymore, or is this a Leopard thing?

Thanks.

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Update: EXPIRED message won't go away in Max OS X Leopard
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:33:53 AM »
Well, it isn't just Leopard. The same occurs on Mac OS X Tiger, and on Windows XP. Is it beta-related, perhaps?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 05:48:33 AM by jimb »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Update: EXPIRED message won't go away in Max OS X Leopard
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:10:37 AM »
Well, it isn't just Leopard. The same occurs on Mac OS X Tiger, and on Windows XP. Is it beta-related, perhaps?

Yes, betas will display EXPIRED when browsing photos whose date are beyond the expire date of the beta, registered or not.  The final version will not do this when registered.

You can use the Adjust Capture Times dialog to fix your images in the meantime.

-Kirk