Author Topic: Reset {seqn} to 0  (Read 7962 times)

Offline garygardiner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reset {seqn} to 0
« on: April 25, 2006, 12:09:27 PM »
Would it be possible to reset the {seqn} variable to 0 from the first popup menu instead of having to open a second dialogue box?

I understand the need to reset {seqn} to a number different than 1 when adding to a collection of sequenced images. But, my most often usage is to reset to 0 for a new set during an ingest. I know the current menu allows including preceding 0s but wonder if that could be recognized as a default setting I've chosen.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:15:35 PM by garygardiner »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reset {seqn} to 0
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »
Would it be possible to reset the {seqn} variable to 0 from the first popup menu instead of having to open a second dialogue box?

I understand the need to reset {seqn} to a number different than 1 when adding to a collection of sequenced images. But, my most often usage is to reset to 0 for a new set during an ingest. I know the current menu allows including preceding 0s but wonder if that could be recognized as a default setting I've chosen.

To reset the {seqn} variable, you don't have to open up the Set Sequence dialog box.  Just hold down the option key (shift key on Windows) and the label of the button will change to "Reset {seqn}...".  However it will still reset to 1 instead of zero.

There is indeed no way to reset to a value other than one, zero would be useful and other numbers like 100 or 1000 would also be useful.  If I add a solution to this I want it to be flexible.

-Kirk

Offline garygardiner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:28:56 AM »
Doh! I stand corrected.

I just love all the hidden gems spread throughout PM. Especially thisone.

Thanks.

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 5 Build 19749 | macOS 10.13.6 (17G7024)
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:16:52 AM »
Wow, that is a nice little trick. It'll get used a lot by me. Did y'all ever finish the manual to document all these little hidden features?
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.KevinCox.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 09:20:26 AM »
Wow, that is a nice little trick. It'll get used a lot by me. Did y'all ever finish the manual to document all these little hidden features?

It's pretty much finished, but is missing a vital section.  I hope to complete it soon after the release of 4.4.3.

-Kirk