Author Topic: correcting IPTC data  (Read 4361 times)

Offline tnfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
correcting IPTC data
« on: November 16, 2007, 08:21:19 AM »
I'm having trouble correcting a mistake in the IPTC stationary pad.  I selected all the files, cleared the bad caption and replaced it with the correct info but it seems to just add the new info to the old info so I now have 2 captions - a bad one followed by a good one - in all the files.  I tried just clearing it & applying and it doesn't change anything - like it's again adding the new info (in this case nothing) to the old but not deleting the old info. 
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: correcting IPTC data
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 08:26:35 AM »
I'm having trouble correcting a mistake in the IPTC stationary pad.  I selected all the files, cleared the bad caption and replaced it with the correct info but it seems to just add the new info to the old info so I now have 2 captions - a bad one followed by a good one - in all the files.  I tried just clearing it & applying and it doesn't change anything - like it's again adding the new info (in this case nothing) to the old but not deleting the old info. 
Any suggestions?

I'd suspect that you have the Append checkbox set.  It's the one with the '+' over the top of it.  Uncheck that and you should be able to wipe out your old caption with the new one.

-Kirk

Offline tnfoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: correcting IPTC data
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 08:59:23 AM »
That does it.  Thanks!  I knew it had to be too simple to notice.