Author Topic: How to search by specific fields only?  (Read 3013 times)

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
How to search by specific fields only?
« on: November 20, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »
Say if I want to search for a location that I've entered like 'golden gate park' for instance?

Is there a way to narrow down your search by field and also limit the search to a certain folder or disc drive?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to search by specific fields only?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 06:11:26 AM »
Say if I want to search for a location that I've entered like 'golden gate park' for instance?

Is there a way to narrow down your search by field and also limit the search to a certain folder or disc drive?

In general, those would be cataloging functions.  What OS are you running?  If you're running Mac OS X 10.4.x or higher, then you can use the Search feature to find images in that manner.  The Search function uses the Spotlight feature of Mac OS X to do the searching.

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »
I'm on a mac.  So yes, the index searching gives these features.  I guess I was looking to see if that would be built into PM, but alas, no dice... 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »
I'm on a mac.  So yes, the index searching gives these features.  I guess I was looking to see if that would be built into PM, but alas, no dice... 

Well in essence it is built-into PM since you can perform the search and see the results entirely within PM.  But PM is not yet a cataloging program so more advanced cataloging features are not present.  That will change.

-Kirk