Author Topic: PM not responding, SUPER long waits.  (Read 3079 times)

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
PM not responding, SUPER long waits.
« on: November 20, 2007, 11:45:55 AM »
Anyone know why PM (on a mac) is 'not responding' and giving me the beach ball of death all of a sudden?  Things were running fine and now, when I click on a folder structure I have a 30 second wait, assuming that PM doesn't freeze entirely... I've quit, forced quit, etc... 

This product just went from great to no way would I buy it... What am I doin'g wrong here?  It's become painfully slow, from running great 10 minutes ago...?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM not responding, SUPER long waits.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
Anyone know why PM (on a mac) is 'not responding' and giving me the beach ball of death all of a sudden?  Things were running fine and now, when I click on a folder structure I have a 30 second wait, assuming that PM doesn't freeze entirely... I've quit, forced quit, etc... 

This product just went from great to no way would I buy it... What am I doin'g wrong here?  It's become painfully slow, from running great 10 minutes ago...?

What has changed in the last ten minutes?  Are you opening a single folder or are you opening them recursively?  What sorting method are you using?

How much RAM do you have?  What OS version are you running?  What version of Photo Mechanic are you running?  What kind of images are you working with?

I'd need a lot more information in order to figure out what may be going on...

-Kirk