Author Topic: Photomechanic.exe Process Hung - Drop Down Menus Error  (Read 8228 times)

Offline Ryan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photomechanic.exe Process Hung - Drop Down Menus Error
« on: June 06, 2006, 11:30:02 AM »
Don't know if this has been posted already, if so I apologize in advance.

I have a user using Photo Mechanic Version 4.4 and the drop down menu choices (File/Edit/etc...) once clicked do not open for at least 10 seconds and u can see a small outline of the menus form once it is clicked.  Also, once Photo Mechanic is closed, the Photomechanic.exe process continues to run in the background and another instance of the software cannot be opened until this process is killed.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the product, as well as remove any registry keys & system folders associated to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 11:36:14 AM by Ryan »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photomechanic.exe Process Hung - Drop Down Menus Error
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »
Don't know if this has been posted already, if so I apologize in advance.

I have a user using Photo Mechanic Version 4.4 and the drop down menu choices (File/Edit/etc...) once clicked do not open for at least 10 seconds and u can see a small outline of the menus form once it is clicked.  Also, once Photo Mechanic is closed, the Photomechanic.exe process continues to run in the background and another instance of the software cannot be opened until this process is killed.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the product, as well as remove any registry keys & system folders associated to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions?

What OS version are you running?

-Kirk

Offline Ryan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 08:42:27 AM »
Windows 2000 SP4

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:50:36 AM »
Windows 2000 SP4

That should be fine.  Make sure you get the latest version from our website which is 4.4.3.

I have never heard of or seen the menu behavior that you describe.

-Kirk

Offline Ryan

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »
Kirk,

I have this application running on ~50 machines and this is the only machine showing this issue.  The strangest thing is that if I do a complete uninstall (registry/system folders) the problem still occurs after the program is installed again.  I'll keep attempting a fix and let you know.  What about the process still running after Photo Mechanic is closed (photomechanic.exe)?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
Kirk,

I have this application running on ~50 machines and this is the only machine showing this issue.  The strangest thing is that if I do a complete uninstall (registry/system folders) the problem still occurs after the program is installed again.  I'll keep attempting a fix and let you know.  What about the process still running after Photo Mechanic is closed (photomechanic.exe)?

While I don't know why that happens (I know the last bit of my code on exit is being executed, the Microsoft runtime just isn't exiting) I have added the ability for another instance to be launched.  Get the latest version, please.

I don't know what would be going on in your system to cause that strange menu behavior.

-Kirk