Author Topic: Emailing Photos in Leopard OS  (Read 4999 times)

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Emailing Photos in Leopard OS
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:41:59 AM »
I have recently installed Leopard on my Macbook Pro and find that no matter what size I tell PM to use for the images I want to email, I get images that are either small or medium (I think, but certainly NOT full size) whether I send them off from PM directly or from Mail...on the PC, using the latest beta as well, it works exactly as it is supposed to...what am I doing wrong??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Emailing Photos in Leopard OS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
I have recently installed Leopard on my Macbook Pro and find that no matter what size I tell PM to use for the images I want to email, I get images that are either small or medium (I think, but certainly NOT full size) whether I send them off from PM directly or from Mail...on the PC, using the latest beta as well, it works exactly as it is supposed to...what am I doing wrong??

I would guess that the Mail application in Leopard is scaling the images to fit the email window.  The images are probably the size you requested.  You would just have to view them in a different application after you receive the email.

-Kirk

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »
Kirk,
I tried sending an email to my pc with the Macbook Pro and setting the size of the image at large...what arrived was an image that was more medium or small...167kb and sending the same image from my pc at the same settings generated an image of 325kb...while it does try to fit the images, I was sending five, into the email client, what it sends are not what I ordered...thoughts??

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 10:51:52 AM »
Rob,

I tried sending an email to my pc with the Macbook Pro and setting the size of the image at large...what arrived was an image that was more medium or small...167kb and sending the same image from my pc at the same settings generated an image of 325kb...while it does try to fit the images, I was sending five, into the email client, what it sends are not what I ordered...thoughts??[/quote]

I don't see how Leopard could cause our code to change in that manner.  What could be happening is that the Mail application is scaling the images further on its own.  I'll look into this and get back to you.

-Kirk

Offline robk47

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »
any ideas yet??