Author Topic: .dng changes don't show  (Read 5506 times)

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
.dng changes don't show
« on: November 23, 2007, 05:34:14 PM »
Is there a way to have the changes you make to a .dng file be shown in a contact sheet?  For example, I've just changed a file from color to B&W.  The contact sheet doesn't reflect these changes even after hitting refresh....

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: .dng changes don't show
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »
Is there a way to have the changes you make to a .dng file be shown in a contact sheet?  For example, I've just changed a file from color to B&W.  The contact sheet doesn't reflect these changes even after hitting refresh....

You'll have to get whatever software you used to adjust the DNG file to update its embedded preview data.

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
Not sure how to do that?  If I adjust an image i ACR and then open PM, I don't see the changes.  In ACR is there an option for this feature?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:45:42 PM »
Not sure how to do that?  If I adjust an image i ACR and then open PM, I don't see the changes.  In ACR is there an option for this feature?

While I'm not an ACR user, I did a quick Google search and found the following comment:

"You have to tell ACR to update the DNG preview if you make changes and you want them to show in an external program like MediaPro. There's a check box in the ACR options to allow this."

Here is a link to the thread:

http://forum.iview-multimedia.com/viewtopic.php?t=6207

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline courtlevephoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 10:12:15 AM »
Um, I couldn't figure this out/find the check box...  This is a bummer because to email an image to a client with the changes made to a dng means I need to use another program to do so, or save the image as a jpeg and then send...