Author Topic: Thumbnail borders not showing up in PM Classic web gallery  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Bob Krist

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Thumbnail borders not showing up in PM Classic web gallery
« on: November 25, 2007, 11:29:39 AM »
Hi Kirk: I downloaded the beta of the latest because I've been waiting patiently :-) for the ability to add drop shadows or borders to the thumbnails in the PM Classic web gallery. I checked the option for borders, selected the color and the width, but have exported the folder twice and it comes up without any borders (on the thumbnails or the larger images, although I selected the options for both).  Is there something else I need to do? What am I missing? Hope you had a good holiday. Thanks as always for your advice.  Bob Krist

UPDATE:  Turns out the borders are there, but they only appear once I've loaded the gallery up on my FTP site!  If I check the gallery on my desktop before uploading, there are no borders visible.  Don't know why, but as long as they appear once the gallery is up on FTP, it's a moot point.  thanks, BK
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 12:15:35 PM by Bob Krist »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Thumbnail borders not showing up in PM Classic web gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »
Bob,

Hi Kirk: I downloaded the beta of the latest because I've been waiting patiently :-) for the ability to add drop shadows or borders to the thumbnails in the PM Classic web gallery. I checked the option for borders, selected the color and the width, but have exported the folder twice and it comes up without any borders (on the thumbnails or the larger images, although I selected the options for both).  Is there something else I need to do? What am I missing? Hope you had a good holiday. Thanks as always for your advice.  Bob Krist

UPDATE:  Turns out the borders are there, but they only appear once I've loaded the gallery up on my FTP site!  If I check the gallery on my desktop before uploading, there are no borders visible.  Don't know why, but as long as they appear once the gallery is up on FTP, it's a moot point.  thanks, BK

It is likely that your browser is caching the HTML and CSS for the pages.  If you exported to a different directory or flushed your browser's cache then it would work fine locally as well as when uploaded.

-Kirk