Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Setting Cropping Ratio

(1/1)

BKPhotos:
I am attempting to set as default the following cropping ration 8.333333 x 6.111111. I need this specific ratio for posting images onto a web based news service. I know how to set a crpping ration of 8x6, but every time I attempt to enter .3333333 or .1111111 when I click on OK, they revert back to 8x6 whole numbers.

The actual size I need is 600x440@72ppi. Any suggestions?

Also, a huge thank you to Kirk (and everyone else involved) for Code Replacement. With the start of summer workout programs for college football teams, code replacement is the best thing since cold beer on a hot day. Once I get all the ACC teams built into a text file, I will make it available to anyone who needs it.

Bruce

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: BKPhotos on June 06, 2006, 03:06:50 PM ---I am attempting to set as default the following cropping ration 8.333333 x 6.111111. I need this specific ratio for posting images onto a web based news service. I know how to set a crpping ration of 8x6, but every time I attempt to enter .3333333 or .1111111 when I click on OK, they revert back to 8x6 whole numbers.

The actual size I need is 600x440@72ppi. Any suggestions?
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately the crop settings are whole numbers.  You could try to enter 83 and 61, which would approximate the settings you're looking for.

--- Quote from: BKPhotos ---Also, a huge thank you to Kirk (and everyone else involved) for Code Replacement. With the start of summer workout programs for college football teams, code replacement is the best thing since cold beer on a hot day. Once I get all the ACC teams built into a text file, I will make it available to anyone who needs it.
--- End quote ---

It wouldn't have been implemented if it hadn't been suggested.  It has turned out to be a wonderful feature.

-Kirk

convergent:
What is Code Replacement?

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: convergent on June 08, 2006, 09:32:10 AM ---What is Code Replacement?

--- End quote ---

See this topic.

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version