Author Topic: new - can you tell me how to order tagged images and how to save my work?  (Read 2814 times)

Offline stevie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am extremely unversed in these kinds of programs and am pretty much stumbling through. I am a dancer and just had some professional pics done. My photographer recommended I try out photo mechanic so I can put images in an order, choose them and look at specific ones that I like.

So, I have tagged the images I want to look at. Now I want to first of all figure out how to save this work I have done. When I go to file, there is no "save" button. How do I save this? Secondly, how do I put these tagged images in a different order, and how do I look at them all together (I have three "cameras" that I am drawing from.

Thanks!

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: new - can you tell me how to order tagged images and how to save my work?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:17:57 PM »
Stevie,

I am extremely unversed in these kinds of programs and am pretty much stumbling through. I am a dancer and just had some professional pics done. My photographer recommended I try out photo mechanic so I can put images in an order, choose them and look at specific ones that I like.

So, I have tagged the images I want to look at. Now I want to first of all figure out how to save this work I have done. When I go to file, there is no "save" button. How do I save this? Secondly, how do I put these tagged images in a different order, and how do I look at them all together (I have three "cameras" that I am drawing from.

The tags have already been saved.  There is no need for a save command in this instance.

To rearrange the order of your images, use the "Sort" popup menu in the Toolbar and change it to read "Arrangement".  Then select an image (or set of images) with the mouse.  Release the mouse button, then click and hold the mouse button down on a selected image and drag it to where you want it to go.  Release the mouse button.

Your arrangement will now be saved.  You can rearrange photos as much as you'd like.  When you open up this contact sheet again, changing the Sort to Arrangement will show your images in the order they were last in.

You can use the Preferences dialog (Contact Sheet tab) to set the default sort to Arrangement if you'd like.

HTH,

-Kirk