Author Topic: Launch in either Lightroom or Photoshop  (Read 3769 times)

Offline marktantrum

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Mark Tantrum Photogrpahy
Launch in either Lightroom or Photoshop
« on: December 01, 2007, 11:12:17 PM »
It would be nice if it were possible to launch in either Lightroom or Photoshop to do pixel based editing (or Parametric, non-destructive editing) via keyboard shortcuts (apple+E currently only launches in the default editor). Now I seem to find that I have needs that could go to Lightroom or PS and changing the preferences each time is a drag.

Perhaps there could be a main editor (Apple+E) then a second editor (Apple+{Something}+E)

Mark
Mark Tantrum Photography
marktantrum_photography@hotmail.com
www.marktantrum.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Launch in either Lightroom or Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »
Mark,

It would be nice if it were possible to launch in either Lightroom or Photoshop to do pixel based editing (or Parametric, non-destructive editing) via keyboard shortcuts (apple+E currently only launches in the default editor). Now I seem to find that I have needs that could go to Lightroom or PS and changing the preferences each time is a drag.

Perhaps there could be a main editor (Apple+E) then a second editor (Apple+{Something}+E)

Have you assigned a specific editor for each file type?  If not, please do so.  When each file type has its own editor then you can get your RAW files to go to Lightroom and your JPEGs, PSDs, TIFFs, etc. to go to Photoshop.

There is also a contextual menu (right-click or Control-click if you have a one-button mouse) that will allow you to send any image to any one of your editors directly.

HTH,

-Kirk