Author Topic: Where'd Zoom Go, and how do I switch my liscence to a new computer?  (Read 8639 times)

Offline WinterWolf Studios

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Alright, I've moved my photomechanic from my Inspiron 9400 to my new 2ghz 13.3inch Macbook. I've noticed that when browsing through photos now I know longer have the option to zoom in on the image. I don't know if this is me being stupid, or what, but If I can't review my images at full size or larger, I'm sort of in a pickle. Also, I registered my copy on the PC, but I'm now going to be using the Mac exclusively, so, how would I go about switching that around? Sorry if any of this has already been covered, I looked around but couldn't find the answer that I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

--
J.M. Johnston
www.WinterWolfStudios.com
http://girltripped.deviantart.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Where'd Zoom Go, and how do I switch my liscence to a new computer?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 09:41:42 PM »
Alright, I've moved my photomechanic from my Inspiron 9400 to my new 2ghz 13.3inch Macbook. I've noticed that when browsing through photos now I know longer have the option to zoom in on the image. I don't know if this is me being stupid, or what, but If I can't review my images at full size or larger, I'm sort of in a pickle.

Pressing the 'z' key will go in and out of zoom mode.  It sounds like you have full screen mode active.  Press the 'r' key to restore the controls pane and the thumbnails pane.

Quote from: WinterWolf Studios
Also, I registered my copy on the PC, but I'm now going to be using the Mac exclusively, so, how would I go about switching that around? Sorry if any of this has already been covered, I looked around but couldn't find the answer that I was looking for. Thanks in advance.

You can legally leave the license active on the two computers.  You just aren't allowed to have two people using the two machines simultaneously with a single license.  The license information you used on your Windows machine will work as is on your new Mac.

HTH,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 10:02:10 PM »
I tried as you suggested. When I press the Z key it goes into like a full screen mode, but there's no slider where the Info, Histogram and such are displayed or anything that lets me control the image size, which, is different than the PC version it seems. Once again, sorry for such a mundane thing, I just don't want to go back to using iPhoto over something as simple as that.

As far as the liscencing goes, what I meant specifically was what do I change so that when I hit the software so it allows me to look for an update instead of saying the product was already registered on a different computer. Thanks for the timely response.

--
J.M. Johnston

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 10:13:47 PM »
I tried as you suggested. When I press the Z key it goes into like a full screen mode, but there's no slider where the Info, Histogram and such are displayed or anything that lets me control the image size, which, is different than the PC version it seems. Once again, sorry for such a mundane thing, I just don't want to go back to using iPhoto over something as simple as that.

I wouldn't want you to go back to using iPhoto either. ;)

Did you press the 'r' key to get the controls back?  Pressing 'f' will toggle in and out of full screen mode.
Also try clicking the green '+' sign near the top left corner of the Preview window to maximize the window.

Can you post a screen shot of your Preview window? (You can grab the screen by pressing Command-Shift-3 which will create a PNG file on your desktop.  You'll have to convert it to a JPEG using Photoshop, or with Photo Mechanic using Save As...  Then click on the Additional Options button when composing your message here in the forums and attach your file using the "Choose File" button.)

Quote from: WinterWolf Studios
As far as the liscencing goes, what I meant specifically was what do I change so that when I hit the software so it allows me to look for an update instead of saying the product was already registered on a different computer. Thanks for the timely response.

Just open up the About Photo Mechanic dialog (from the Photo Mechanic menu) and then click on the "Enter new Registration" button.  Enter the information you received from Camera Bits.  It should now be registered.

HTH,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:52 AM »
Picture 1 is in full-screen, or zoom mode. Picture 2 is with all the goodies to the side. No place for a zoom slider, unless I have an option turned off, but I don't think that I do.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:49:34 AM »
Ok, I just updated to the new version of Photomechanic (4.4.3) and the problem is fixed. I would have done it sooner but I couldn't figure out how to put in the registration code without your help. So, thank you a whole bunch. Sorry to be a pain.

--
J.M. Johnston

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:00:29 AM »
Ok, I just updated to the new version of Photomechanic (4.4.3) and the problem is fixed. I would have done it sooner but I couldn't figure out how to put in the registration code without your help. So, thank you a whole bunch. Sorry to be a pain.

You're not a pain.  It is just hard to communicate sometimes via this medium.

You were running an old Mac version of Photo Mechanic that didn't have the capability of zooming.  But I also wanted to mention that you need to click on those little grey triangles to the left of the titles like Info, Crop, Zoom, and Histogram in order to expand them and see their controls.

-Kirk