Author Topic: Constant size email  (Read 5171 times)

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
Constant size email
« on: December 05, 2007, 06:50:35 AM »
Is there a way of emailing a bunch of irregular sized images so they will end up being the same size regardless of orientation?
Currently if I put in a custom output size they end up having the same width, so the verticals are much larger files than the horizontals...
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Constant size email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 06:46:23 AM »
Marc,

Is there a way of emailing a bunch of irregular sized images so they will end up being the same size regardless of orientation?
Currently if I put in a custom output size they end up having the same width, so the verticals are much larger files than the horizontals...

Do you want the compressed JPEG file size to be the same or the number of pixels in the image to be the same?

-Kirk

P.S. I'm sorry it so long to respond, but your question was originally posted in the Quantum Mechanic forum which I do not check frequently.

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
I want both verticals and horizontals of images straight from a camera to be resized to the same number of pixels (like the fit in box command in the save as dialog). It would also be nice to lose the preview but keep the metadata so the images are smaller. (this could also be added to the save as dialog box).

We make galleries in photoshop and if Pshop resizes the image in the Web Automation command, we lose all our metadata...

Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 02:39:48 PM »
Marc,

I want both verticals and horizontals of images straight from a camera to be resized to the same number of pixels (like the fit in box command in the save as dialog). It would also be nice to lose the preview but keep the metadata so the images are smaller. (this could also be added to the save as dialog box).

We make galleries in photoshop and if Pshop resizes the image in the Web Automation command, we lose all our metadata...

Just put in the same size for the Width and the Height then and you should get the result you want...

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
What about the previews?
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 12:30:03 PM »
Marc,

What about the previews?

What previews?  I thought we were talking about email?

-Kirk

Offline mbbphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:14:47 AM »
I meant the file previews but they actually aren't their after saving...
I'm trying to make the files as small as possible for website use WITHOUT losing IPTC.
I guess I need to know what makes the file size a couple of hundred kb bigger than the actual compressed pixels.
Is the tag embedded?
sRGB conversion is great but can we have an option to strip out the tag after converting?
Marc
Marc

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:22 AM »
Marc,

I meant the file previews but they actually aren't their after saving...
I'm trying to make the files as small as possible for website use WITHOUT losing IPTC.
I guess I need to know what makes the file size a couple of hundred kb bigger than the actual compressed pixels.
Is the tag embedded?
sRGB conversion is great but can we have an option to strip out the tag after converting?

Which feature are we talking about? Save As, Send Photos via email, Export (templates)?

-Kirk