Author Topic: Folder tree highlight to reflect selected tab.  (Read 4723 times)

Offline tobin73

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder tree highlight to reflect selected tab.
« on: December 05, 2007, 01:20:30 PM »
Here is an example of my problem/fix request. If I have 2 or more tabs open the highlighting of a folder in the tree only stays on the last selected folder. So as I select different tabs, the folder in the tree that corresponds to the selected tab doesn't update with the highlighting. So if I have 3 tabs open and I select tab 1 or 2 I'm not sure which folder I'm looking at in the tree. Am I making any sense!! :-) I feel like I'm not explaining myself right.

Tobin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder tree highlight to reflect selected tab.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 01:35:22 PM »
Tobin,

Here is an example of my problem/fix request. If I have 2 or more tabs open the highlighting of a folder in the tree only stays on the last selected folder. So as I select different tabs, the folder in the tree that corresponds to the selected tab doesn't update with the highlighting. So if I have 3 tabs open and I select tab 1 or 2 I'm not sure which folder I'm looking at in the tree. Am I making any sense!! :-) I feel like I'm not explaining myself right.

I understand what you're requesting.  There are several issues with trying to do this however.  One is that you can have multiple folders open in a single contact sheet tab, so which folder should be highlighted?  Second is a performance issue when folders have been collapsed in the Navigator and it would have to re-expand the path in order to show you the path.  It may be better to add a contextual menu to the tab that would list the folders in the sheet and allow you to tell the Navigator to show them...

-Kirk

Offline tobin73

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
Thanks Kirk, I'll give that a try. Love your product regardless!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 02:15:23 PM »
Tobin,

Thanks Kirk, I'll give that a try. Love your product regardless!!

The feature I described does not exist yet.  I would have to add such a feature in a future version of Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline IanGoldstein

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:41:06 AM »
It may be better to add a contextual menu to the tab that would list the folders in the sheet and allow you to tell the Navigator to show them...

Context menus for the tabs would be a very nice addition. It would be much more intuitive to be able to right-click on a specific tab and select "Close" than the current method which requires selecting the tab and then using the close icon fixed at the right edge of the menubar. Other choices such as "Refresh" and "Make Arrangement" might work well here also.

-Ian