Photo Mechanic > Support

Selecting Images in Photomechanics

<< < (2/3) > >>

fnphoto:

--- Quote from: Kevin M. Cox on April 26, 2006, 08:20:31 AM ---
--- Quote ---Quote from: fnphoto
- In contact sheet mode, when I select 2 pictures I cannot find the command to see them side by side. The only way I can find is to select one, preview then find the other one. Too long. There must be a shortcut somewhere.

True, there is no quick way to do that.  Suggestion?
--- End quote ---

Would this work: once you have the 2 photos selected hit F2 and it will only show those. When you're done hit F1 and it will switch back to showing all photos.

--- End quote ---

To return to the two selected pictrues, I will need to select one the two pictures before hitting F1.

This involves too many keys and mouse clicks. It is ok for a few pictures but when browsing through a lot, it slows down the process.

SteveMcN:
I shoot a lot of 3d stereo images and have always found PM's side by side preview incredibly useful for working through stereo pairs. I've just found that the latest version no longer allows independent progression for the two images. That is, if I'm looking at image 1 on the left and image 100 on the right, I used to be able to click the right arrow to progress the left image to Image 2 and then select the right image and click the right arrow to progress to image 101.

Now a right arrow click progresses either image to the next image from the last one selected. So Image 1 will progress to 102 on a right arrow click... so I'm no longer looking at stereo pairs.

This may work better for other people, so I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature: if it's a deliberate implementation, it would be great to be able to choose between the two methods.

This is my first post here and I apologise if this has been covered before, but I tried a search, to no avail.

Thanks

Steve

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: SteveMcN on April 29, 2006, 12:51:57 PM ---I shoot a lot of 3d stereo images and have always found PM's side by side preview incredibly useful for working through stereo pairs. I've just found that the latest version no longer allows independent progression for the two images. That is, if I'm looking at image 1 on the left and image 100 on the right, I used to be able to click the right arrow to progress the left image to Image 2 and then select the right image and click the right arrow to progress to image 101.

Now a right arrow click progresses either image to the next image from the last one selected. So Image 1 will progress to 102 on a right arrow click... so I'm no longer looking at stereo pairs.

This may work better for other people, so I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature: if it's a deliberate implementation, it would be great to be able to choose between the two methods.
--- End quote ---

It was deliberately changed from the way it did work to the way it works now.  As far as making it a preference, I don't know how you would even describe the way it used to work so that I could make it a checkbox.  Suggestions?

As far as searches go, this is a very new forum, (less than a week old) and searches won't find much.

-Kirk

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: fnphoto ---- In contact sheet mode, when I select 2 pictures I cannot find the command to see them side by side. The only way I can find is to select one, preview then find the other one. Too long. There must be a shortcut somewhere.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kbaker ---True, there is no quick way to do that.  Suggestion?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: fnphoto ---When selecting two pictures and pressing enter, the program understands that it needs to enter in view side by side mode with these two pictures.
--- End quote ---

But what if a top/bottom arrangement would be more appropriate?

-Kirk

SteveMcN:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on April 29, 2006, 03:18:53 PM ---

It was deliberately changed from the way it did work to the way it works now.  As far as making it a preference, I don't know how you would even describe the way it used to work so that I could make it a checkbox.  Suggestions?

As far as searches go, this is a very new forum, (less than a week old) and searches won't find much.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the speedy reply: I guess stereo pair photographers are a minority here! I'll just have to keep 4.3.8 on my drive to preview 3D... is there any risk involved by having two different versions of PM on one machine?

Maybe you could call the two modes "linked selection" and "independent selection"? Like in Final Cut where you can link and unlink video to audio or unlink stereo audio to twin mono audio? I know it's a lot to ask if I'm the only one requesting it!

Thanks again!

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version