Author Topic: Captions Question  (Read 5275 times)

Offline BKPhotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bruce Kennedy Photography
Captions Question
« on: June 08, 2006, 03:57:36 AM »
Using:
PM 4.4.3
Mac OS X.4.6
Macbook Pro
Lightroom Beta 1

Briefly,

When I imgest images, I write a general caption that fits all (canon raw format). After import, I open Lightroom, make any adjustments required, and then export (as jpegs) back to a subfolder (JPEGs). I then re-open PM and write individual captions using Code Replacement (love it) and crop as desired. I then "Save Photo as" to a different subfolder (also jpegs). At this point, I am ready to run photoshop action for sharpening and sizing to fit requirements.

Problem: After I "save photo as", the captions on the images in the second subfolder revert back to the general caption I wrote initially. I have attempted to change settings in perferences (one at a time to see which one worked), but to no help. I currently have JPEGs set to read/write last caption.

Question: How can I ensure the final caption accompanies the image when I crop and "save photo as"?

Thanks!!!

Bruce

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Captions Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:40:10 AM »
Using:
PM 4.4.3
Mac OS X.4.6
Macbook Pro
Lightroom Beta 1

Briefly,

When I imgest images, I write a general caption that fits all (canon raw format). After import, I open Lightroom, make any adjustments required, and then export (as jpegs) back to a subfolder (JPEGs). I then re-open PM and write individual captions using Code Replacement (love it) and crop as desired. I then "Save Photo as" to a different subfolder (also jpegs). At this point, I am ready to run photoshop action for sharpening and sizing to fit requirements.

Problem: After I "save photo as", the captions on the images in the second subfolder revert back to the general caption I wrote initially. I have attempted to change settings in perferences (one at a time to see which one worked), but to no help. I currently have JPEGs set to read/write last caption.

Question: How can I ensure the final caption accompanies the image when I crop and "save photo as"?

With which software are you determining that the "save photos as" images have the general caption?
Could you send me one of your images in its state just before it is saved, and the same image after it is saved?  Then I can investigate.

Contact me privately by clicking on my name and I'll get you the server upload information.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline BKPhotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Bruce Kennedy Photography
Re: Captions Question
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:29 AM »
Kirk,

Please disregard my private message I just sent you regarding this matter. I figured out the problem. ??? On the "Save As" menu, I had left a check mark in the box next to "apply IPTC Stationary". This caused the general caption I had written initially to be re-appled over the specific caption written after converting to JPEG. One more lesson learned.  :o Thanks for your help. PM is great.

Bruce