Author Topic: IPTC  (Read 3246 times)

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Jon Crispin Photography
IPTC
« on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »
Hi Kirk,
Sorry if this is silly, but I am having a problem with IPTC.  It seems to be automatically applying info to my folders when I move them into PM.  It used to be that I had to apply the IPTC for each folder.  Is is something in preferences?  I recently upgraded to 4.5.  Mac 10.4.10.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »
Jon,

Sorry if this is silly, but I am having a problem with IPTC.  It seems to be automatically applying info to my folders when I move them into PM.  It used to be that I had to apply the IPTC for each folder.  Is is something in preferences?  I recently upgraded to 4.5.  Mac 10.4.10.

When you say "when I move them into PM", how is it that you are moving them?  Ingest dialog?  Copy dialog?  Finder copy?

I need more details about what it is that you're doing.

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 01:59:58 PM »
Sorry Kirk,  Kind of frazzled today.  I'm not sure when it is happening.  Before, with previous versions, no IPTC showed up unless I went to Image>IPTC stationary pad and then filled out the fields and applied them to the contact sheet. (I never apply on ingest, usually only after I rename the images.)  It seems now that PM is automatically applying the info from my last stationary pad.  If for example I grab an old folder to copy and convert to srgb for uploading to Photoshelter, the old IPTC is overwritten by whatever my most recent stationary pad was.  I am not sure if this makes any sense, but this is what is happening.  Thanks, Jon

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 02:14:16 PM »
Sorry Kirk,  Kind of frazzled today.  I'm not sure when it is happening.  Before, with previous versions, no IPTC showed up unless I went to Image>IPTC stationary pad and then filled out the fields and applied them to the contact sheet. (I never apply on ingest, usually only after I rename the images.)  It seems now that PM is automatically applying the info from my last stationary pad.  If for example I grab an old folder to copy and convert to srgb for uploading to Photoshelter, the old IPTC is overwritten by whatever my most recent stationary pad was.  I am not sure if this makes any sense, but this is what is happening.  Thanks, Jon

You're probably telling the PhotoShelter uploader to apply the IPTC Stationery Pad during the upload.  You can turn this off before you upload your next batch of photos.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline joncrispin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 02:43:36 PM »
Kirk,  thanks I'll check it out.  BTW, we as users of your amazing software are so fortunate to have your support as we go about doing our jobs as photographers.  There is really nothing to compare it to.  Camerabits is head and shoulders above any other product that I use in all ways.  Have a great holiday and thank you very much.  Jon