Author Topic: Trouble installing 4.5.3  (Read 2664 times)

Offline john727

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Trouble installing 4.5.3
« on: December 14, 2007, 10:49:26 AM »
I just downloaded 4.5.3 and when I try to install it I get the following message.

Photo Mechanic appears to be running right now. You must quit Photo Mechanic before installing a new version of Photo Mechanic.

The installer will now quit. Please quit Photo Mechanic and run install again.

This is on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. I must have missed something but I'm not sure what. I was trying to install 4.5.3 over 4.5.2 in the same folder. Do I need to put it in a seperate foldr or uninstall 4.5.2 before the instalation?

Thanks,

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Trouble installing 4.5.3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:35 AM »
John,

I just downloaded 4.5.3 and when I try to install it I get the following message.

Photo Mechanic appears to be running right now. You must quit Photo Mechanic before installing a new version of Photo Mechanic.

The installer will now quit. Please quit Photo Mechanic and run install again.

This is on my laptop running Vista Home Premium. I must have missed something but I'm not sure what. I was trying to install 4.5.3 over 4.5.2 in the same folder. Do I need to put it in a seperate foldr or uninstall 4.5.2 before the instalation?

I would guess that you have some other window open that has the title "Photo Mechanic" in it.  This may be a Windows Explorer window or a browser window, etc.  Just close all other windows before you launch the installer.  No need to uninstall 4.5.2 first.

-Kirk

Offline john727

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble installing 4.5.3
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 11:27:08 AM »
I never could find it but rebooting solved it. Thanks for the quick info. I've been using Photo Mechanic for about two weeks and it is terrific.

John