Author Topic: setting up 'send to droplet'  (Read 11521 times)

Offline photophreak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
setting up 'send to droplet'
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:17:06 AM »
Hi...I'm brand new in this forum.  I'm looking for how to have my PM recognize my droplets.  I have them in a folder on my desktop and I have directed PM there in my preferences but still, when I select to send selected photos to droplet, I only have one option - Refresh Droplets - and nothing happens when I select that.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: setting up 'send to droplet'
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
Hi...I'm brand new in this forum.  I'm looking for how to have my PM recognize my droplets.  I have them in a folder on my desktop and I have directed PM there in my preferences but still, when I select to send selected photos to droplet, I only have one option - Refresh Droplets - and nothing happens when I select that.  Anyone have any ideas about this?

Are you running Windows?  That feature is broken in the 4.4.0 through 4.4.2 version.  If you right-click on the image instead of using the main menu, the droplets should work.

Version 4.4.3 fixes that problem (it's in beta now) and makes it possible to send hundreds of images to a Photoshop droplet.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photophreak

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »
Why thank you Kirk.  I'm glad it wasn't something uber-easy that I didn't do - like double click on the option.   ;D  However, right clicking on the image is pretty intuitive - but I missed it.  Anyway, it works like a charm for up to 15 photos at once.  Thanks again

Offline convergent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:07:54 AM »
Is there a way to apply a droplet after the cropping is done, during Save As?  I would like to sharpen the images after they are resized, and before the watermarking is done... seems like doing it in Save As is where that should happen.

Another question.  If I run a droplet on an image in PM, does it immediately do run it and chane the file?  All of the other functions on the Image menu seem to only record what should be done, and it happens when you do a Save As.  It looks like maybe droplets happen immediately?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 11:25:14 AM »
Is there a way to apply a droplet after the cropping is done, during Save As?  I would like to sharpen the images after they are resized, and before the watermarking is done... seems like doing it in Save As is where that should happen.

No, there is currently no way to do that.

Quote from: convergent
Another question.  If I run a droplet on an image in PM, does it immediately do run it and chane the file?  All of the other functions on the Image menu seem to only record what should be done, and it happens when you do a Save As.  It looks like maybe droplets happen immediately?

Your observation is correct.  PM has no control over what the droplet does to your images.  So if the droplet saves over the original then your original is immediately modified.  You could have your droplets do a save as in its last step in the action...

HTH,

-Kirk