Author Topic: Creation date changed after JPEG rotation applied ....  (Read 7784 times)

Offline mxs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Creation date changed after JPEG rotation applied ....
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:06:01 PM »
Hi there,

can this be changed so after JPEG rotation is applied the creation date stays untouched. Right now anytime I apply rotation it changes both, date of creation and modification. Modification I would understand, but the creation date when the image was shot to me should stay identical. I know you might say that you are creating a new file on the day of rotation. But a lot of people file their images by the creation dat as this is the only date available to the operating system in the finder or explorer. So  how should they deal with that.

I looked through preferences, but I didn't find anything which would switch this "feature" off.

I hope I am missing something .....

Thanks and regards

Marek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Creation date changed after JPEG rotation applied ....
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:01:54 PM »
Hi there,

can this be changed so after JPEG rotation is applied the creation date stays untouched. Right now anytime I apply rotation it changes both, date of creation and modification. Modification I would understand, but the creation date when the image was shot to me should stay identical. I know you might say that you are creating a new file on the day of rotation. But a lot of people file their images by the creation dat as this is the only date available to the operating system in the finder or explorer. So  how should they deal with that.

I looked through preferences, but I didn't find anything which would switch this "feature" off.

I hope I am missing something .....

I'm addressing this issue right now.  The fix will appear in the final 4.4.3.1 release.

-Kirk

Offline mxs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Creation date changed after JPEG rotation applied ....
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:10:35 PM »
Thanks Kirk.