Author Topic: file renumbering  (Read 2967 times)

Offline russ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
file renumbering
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
When burning a disk, apparently the files are renumbered.  I haven't verified by doing it myself, but model who I've burned disks for give me numbers from disks that I've burned for them that don't match the number of the photos I took of them.

I looked for some kind of checkbox for use same number or renumber during burn and don't find such a thing.  Confusing.

I'll have to actually burn one and look at it myself, but it's happened several times now.  I'm running out the door while burning another disk just now and had to ask so I get this resolved.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: file renumbering
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »
Russ,

When burning a disk, apparently the files are renumbered.  I haven't verified by doing it myself, but model who I've burned disks for give me numbers from disks that I've burned for them that don't match the number of the photos I took of them.

I looked for some kind of checkbox for use same number or renumber during burn and don't find such a thing.  Confusing.

I'll have to actually burn one and look at it myself, but it's happened several times now.  I'm running out the door while burning another disk just now and had to ask so I get this resolved.

What were the original file names?  Are you burning multiple folders but not preserving any parent folders?  If so when there are name collisions, there is no alternative but to rename the files to avoid collisions.

I need more details about what your filenames were and what they became.

-Kirk

Offline russ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 12:06:49 PM »
It's from canon 1dsmkii.

the names used to be xu9pXXXX.JPG

and they were renamed to some sequence number ... and I haven't seen the disk yet, although I'm burning one right now.

I don't think it's a collision thing.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 12:10:25 PM »
Russ,

It's from canon 1dsmkii.

the names used to be xu9pXXXX.JPG

and they were renamed to some sequence number ... and I haven't seen the disk yet, although I'm burning one right now.

I don't think it's a collision thing.

OK, well I'll need to see what the resulting names are then.

-Kirk