Author Topic: Option to retain EXIF data in Email  (Read 5365 times)

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
Option to retain EXIF data in Email
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:05:30 AM »
I am working hard on my demo of PM.  Just installed the release ver of 4.5.3.  PM still strips EXIF data from images that I email.  This is a showstopper.

You indicated before that you could give us the option to retain the EXIF data.  I was hoping to see that change in 4.5.3.  I do note that the Save As, FTP As, Exporter and File Uploader dialogs do contain a specific option to preserve EXIF.  This option is exactly what we need in the Email dialog.

Just so you know, I (and I assume plenty of others) share tons of images via email with other photographers and friends, family.  We use the EXIF data to study and learn technique.  Stripping this critical info from the images renders them virtually useless.

Any idea when this improvement could be added?

Many thanks

Bill Wood

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Option to retain EXIF data in Email
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »
Bill,

I am working hard on my demo of PM.  Just installed the release ver of 4.5.3.  PM still strips EXIF data from images that I email.  This is a showstopper.

You indicated before that you could give us the option to retain the EXIF data.  I was hoping to see that change in 4.5.3.  I do note that the Save As, FTP As, Exporter and File Uploader dialogs do contain a specific option to preserve EXIF.  This option is exactly what we need in the Email dialog.

Just so you know, I (and I assume plenty of others) share tons of images via email with other photographers and friends, family.  We use the EXIF data to study and learn technique.  Stripping this critical info from the images renders them virtually useless.

Any idea when this improvement could be added?

If we make another update to version 4.5, I could try and get it into that version.  Otherwise it would have to wait until version 4.6.

-Kirk

Offline William R Wood

• View Profile
Re: Option to retain EXIF data in Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »

If we make another update to version 4.5, I could try and get it into that version.  Otherwise it would have to wait until version 4.6.
-Kirk

Many thanks,

Bill Wood