Author Topic: Handling of unsuported files  (Read 3248 times)

Offline exb53

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Handling of unsuported files
« on: December 15, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
If have a lot of big images (TIF,PSD and PSB formats). Some of those are not supported by PhotoMechanic (and other similar programs). I combine these images with a lower res JPG, which has, beside the extension, the same filename. I usually move these file pairs into a special folder. To be able to use Photo Mechanic for that it would be great if you implement two (minor ?) changes:

- PM comes up with an error, if I try to write IPTC data to the unsupported images. What if you, instead of just displaying the number of failing files, open a dialog wich lists all unsupported files with the option to move them to a different folder ?

- allow a user defined combination of 'buddy' files, similar to the RAW/JPG implementation. So I can view the images and write IPTC data to the JPG, but as the JPG and may be a PSB file are a 'pair', the are handled as one file for all operations.

Would be fantastic !

Thank
Eckart

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Handling of unsuported files
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »
This request would be an enhancement of the earlier request for joining RAW+TIFF and other file types as has been discussed in: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1476.0

Hopefully this all can make it into 4.6  :-*
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline exb53

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Handling of unsuported files
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 01:41:02 AM »
Thanks
looking forward to that release.

Eckart