Author Topic: Behavior different from 4.4  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• PM 6 (7102) | macOS 14.4.1
    • View Profile
    • Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
Behavior different from 4.4
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
Well I'm late to the party but glad to finally be here (we upgraded from 4.4.3.3 to 4.5.3 at work this week).  I've got a contact sheet issue that is driving me crazy.

Lets assume I shoot a game, 100 images, and am editing on deadline. I make a quick pass and tag 6 photos. Now, I hit F3 (view Tagged) and start adding cutlines. During this process I will usually want to switch back to F1 (view All) and compare my select to photos from the same sequence to make sure I have the best one OR to caption all photos in the sequence at the same time. (Sorry for the long lead-in.)

In 4.4.3.3, if I select a single photo while in F3 view and then hit F1, all photos re-appear and the contact sheet is already scrolled so that the selected photo is on the screen.

In 4.5.3, when I hit F1, my single photo stays selected, but the contact sheets is always at the "top" or first line of the sheet. (Does that make sense?) I then have to scroll down and find my selected photo and it's neighbors for my comparison or captioning. This really slows me down on deadline.

Thoughts?
Kevin M. Cox | Photojournalist
https://www.instagram.com/kevin.m.cox/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Behavior different from 4.4
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
Kevin,

Well I'm late to the party but glad to finally be here (we upgraded from 4.4.3.3 to 4.5.3 at work this week).  I've got a contact sheet issue that is driving me crazy.

Lets assume I shoot a game, 100 images, and am editing on deadline. I make a quick pass and tag 6 photos. Now, I hit F3 (view Tagged) and start adding cutlines. During this process I will usually want to switch back to F1 (view All) and compare my select to photos from the same sequence to make sure I have the best one OR to caption all photos in the sequence at the same time. (Sorry for the long lead-in.)

In 4.4.3.3, if I select a single photo while in F3 view and then hit F1, all photos re-appear and the contact sheet is already scrolled so that the selected photo is on the screen.

In 4.5.3, when I hit F1, my single photo stays selected, but the contact sheets is always at the "top" or first line of the sheet. (Does that make sense?) I then have to scroll down and find my selected photo and it's neighbors for my comparison or captioning. This really slows me down on deadline.

I'm not sure why that changed, and I'll see what I can do to address it.  In the meantime, if you use the cursor keys to change the selection (try typing a left arrow followed by a right arrow to change it back) then the Contact Sheet will scroll to make the selected item visible.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »
You're just as fast as ever with responses!  Good tip with the arrow keys, it'll work until the root issue is sorted out.

Thanks Kirk.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »
Kevin,

You're just as fast as ever with responses!  Good tip with the arrow keys, it'll work until the root issue is sorted out.

OK, I've identified the problem and fixed it.  You'll see the fix in the 4.5.3.1 version soon.

-Kirk

Offline Kevin M. Cox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:00:53 PM »
Man you're fast!  Thanks again.